Frequently Asked Question’s
I don’t think I have a cavity
Most of the time this is the answer when any thought of dentistry crosses your mind?
- Disease or Decay doesn’t always have the symptoms of pain or discomfort Gingivitis, Periodontitis, Cavities, Damaged/Cracked fillings, Soft and Hardened plaque on teeth, worn down teeth, Receding Gums may not bother you until the problem worsens;
- Similarly, high blood pressure, low iron, small cyst doesn’t hurt;
- Disease or decay Needs to be Treated regardless of symptoms;
- At The Dome MedDental Clinic, it is Our Job to Educate Our Patients on Decay, Disease, and Properly Caring for your Teeth, and how to detect Oral Abnormalities at Home;
- Commonly Patients first come in with tooth pain, this can be an uncomfortable situation for the patient and is quite costly;
- We strongly suggest being Proactive at Home with your Oral Care and making regular visits to your Dentist in MedDental Clinic and see your Dental Hygienist;
- It's more cost effective, a healthier option, and you Reap the Benefits of Your Own Health.
My child’s baby teeth have cavities. Why do I need to get them filled if they are going to fall out anyway?
- Baby teeth are VERY important to your child. When baby teeth have large cavities they can cause infection and damage the adult tooth that is still developing. When the cavity reaches the nerve of the tooth the bacteria can get into the bloodstream and cause an infection inside the body. Most likely it will stay around the root of the tooth but it can move to any other place inside the body.
- Bacteria that cause cavities are also contagious. If left untreated more cavities can develop or be transferred. For example, if mom has cavities she can transfer the bacteria to her child by kisses. When cavities are small they are easily filled without anesthetic but, if they become bigger they will become sensitive and start to hurt and the child will require an anesthetic.
- Brushing at least 2 times a day, once in the morning and once at night along with flossing at least once a day will help reduce the amount of plaque and bacteria inside the mouth that can cause cavities.
- Baby teeth are in place until the adult teeth erupt. Your child will lose their baby teeth when the adult ones are ready to come out. When your child loses a baby tooth early you may disrupt the order in which the teeth erupts and there might not be enough space for the adult tooth to come in. A space maintainer may be suggested to allow the adult tooth to come in
I have Dental Anxiety and Fear?
- There are few people who look forward to a dental visit. With vast improvement in techniques, most dental appointments are now painless.
- By experience, almost 30-40% of patients have some form of anxiety associated with dental treatment. It is manageable with various techniques – relaxation technique, medications, even simple patient management.
Origin of dental fears:
- There are many reasons for having dental anxiety, but most people can relate to having a bad dental experience as a child
- Some patients experience abusive or very unpleasant experience at their dentist. This increases their anxiety when they visit the dentist at a much later time.
- With advancement in administration of anesthesia and new techniques, more focus is on patient comfort to improve their experience rather than just getting the dental treatment done . We use very strong topical anesthetic in our dental practice in MedDental Clinic which helps in numbing up the tissue a lot more than usual before anesthesia is administered
- Some behaviorists believe that the fear could be from a biological reason of always trying to keep our airways unobstructed. Unconsciously, we do not want anyone’s hand or dental equipment blocking airways. If airway is obstructed in any way, basic fight or flight response is initiated which causes our heart rate to rise up.
- There are people who always like to be in control. In reclined position and having dentist taking the control of their mouth, their anxious behavior takes over.
- Some patients have their anxieties inherited from their parents. Their parents are usually very anxious when they go to the dentist and talk about it in front of their children. This affects children’s behavior when they grow up.
- Talk to our dentist in The Dome MedDental Clinic. We can surely help you reduce dental anxiety and provide you with best dental care possible
WOW! An outstanding experience. A massive thanks to Dr Elina, what a truly extraordinary skillful and competent dentist. She is professional, compassionate, patient, considerate and attentive.A colossal expression of gratitude to the clinic and its staff for providing an amazing service. Made the decision today to move all our families dental care to this clinic under the trusting care of Dr. Elina. A noteworthy 5* service.
Amazing services. It was our first time for my husband and I, so a bit scared about what will happen (like every time we go to the dentist) and at end everything went perfectly. Our dentist Irynha was amazing, she was explaining to us all the situation and then she gave us a time to think about it for doing it or not. she was a careful listener and really helpful.
I am a loyal customer of the Dome MedDental Clinic for a few years and I must admit the high level of their staff, doctors and customer service. My special gratitude is for Dr. Iryna Zinkovych who has an excellent method as a dentist with a very thorough approach. She is extremely familiar with all of the latest trends in dental technology and she uses much of it in her practice. Dr. Iryna is a painless dentist. I would strongly recommend her and I am certain that there are many other patients who feel the same way.
Would definitely recommend! The clinic was able to make an appointment in the same day. My mother had acute severe tooth ache and the procedure was 99% pain free. Reasonable prices. Very friendly and helpful staff service.
Nice Doctor. Amazing place and service. Highly Recommended!!!
All is good and reliable, professional and friendly staff, reasonable prices, good location, easy to get an appointment. Definitely my choice while I live in Dubai.
I loved the clinic, all staff are very friendly and helpful. Doctor Maria is very professional and experienced. She gave me a lot of useful tips to maintain my teeth healthy. Definitely will recommend this clinic!