Periodontal Gum Disease Treatment in Dubai
Definition of Periodontal disease:
- It means disease of the gum manifesting as an inflammation caused by bacteria.
Development of Periodontal disease:
The first step of the inflammation of the gum is called “Gingivitis”
The symptoms of Gingivitis are:
- The gum becomes swollen, red, and, sometimes,
- The gum can bleed easily
Gingivitis can normally be reversed by a good dental hygiene comprising:
- Daily flossing and brushing, and,
- Regular “deep” cleaning performed by a Dentist or a Dental Hygienist.
If the Gingivitis cannot be reversed by a good Dental Hygiene, then a Periodontal treatment is needed.
The first step is Non-Surgical: It is conventionally called Deep Cleaning, comprising Scaling and Root Planing.”
This Procedure made usually by a G.P. Dentist, comprises:
This procedure helps gum tissue to heal and periodontal pockets to shrink. After the deep cleaning, most of the patients do not require any further treatment, only preventive care/good Dental Hygiene.
- Scaling: removing the dental plaque and calculus/tartar, then:
- Root Planing: Smoothing or planing of the exposed root surfaces, by removing Tartar
- If the Deep Cleaning has not proved successful – generally because periodontal pockets are deep and the supporting bone is lost, A Surgery might be necessary to avoid tooth loss. This Surgery will be made by a Periodontist.
- Surgical Periodontal treatment:
- This procedure is only made by a Periodontist, a Specialist Dentist who has specialized in the treatment of diseases that affect the supporting structure of the teeth including the gum and bone tissues.
- Surgery will allow the Periodontist to access areas under the gum and along the roots where tartar and plaque have accumulated.
- The Periodontist may recommend additional procedures like bone grafts, used to rebuild or reshape the bone damaged by Periodontal disease.
WOW! An outstanding experience. A massive thanks to Dr Elina, what a truly extraordinary skillful and competent dentist. She is professional, compassionate, patient, considerate and attentive.A colossal expression of gratitude to the clinic and its staff for providing an amazing service. Made the decision today to move all our families dental care to this clinic under the trusting care of Dr. Elina. A noteworthy 5* service.
Amazing services. It was our first time for my husband and I, so a bit scared about what will happen (like every time we go to the dentist) and at end everything went perfectly. Our dentist Irynha was amazing, she was explaining to us all the situation and then she gave us a time to think about it for doing it or not. she was a careful listener and really helpful.
I am a loyal customer of the Dome MedDental Clinic for a few years and I must admit the high level of their staff, doctors and customer service. My special gratitude is for Dr. Iryna Zinkovych who has an excellent method as a dentist with a very thorough approach. She is extremely familiar with all of the latest trends in dental technology and she uses much of it in her practice. Dr. Iryna is a painless dentist. I would strongly recommend her and I am certain that there are many other patients who feel the same way.
Would definitely recommend! The clinic was able to make an appointment in the same day. My mother had acute severe tooth ache and the procedure was 99% pain free. Reasonable prices. Very friendly and helpful staff service.
Nice Doctor. Amazing place and service. Highly Recommended!!!
All is good and reliable, professional and friendly staff, reasonable prices, good location, easy to get an appointment. Definitely my choice while I live in Dubai.
I loved the clinic, all staff are very friendly and helpful. Doctor Maria is very professional and experienced. She gave me a lot of useful tips to maintain my teeth healthy. Definitely will recommend this clinic!