Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Dubai
Wisdom teeth usually grow during early adulthood. Some people don't experience any pain or discomfort and their wisdom teeth grow smoothly. However, some people don't have enough space in gums or their wisdom teeth grow in unusual directions causing dental issues and pain. In such cases, a dental infection may occur and dentists recommend the extraction of the impacted tooth. At MedDental Clinic, wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai is performed by qualified dentists to avoid infection, decay, and damage to other teeth.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
The wisdom teeth are the third molars of the upper and/or lower jaws located at the end of the dentition (angle of the jaw and the tuberosity of the upper maxillary). They usually erupt in the back corners of your jaws between the ages of 18 to 25.
Why Do Dentists recommend Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Your dentist will suggest tooth extraction if:
- You have impacted tooth or your wisdom tooth grow in the wrong position
- You feel pain or inflammation at the affected area which can lead to infections
- The proper alignment of your teeth is disrupted due to the lack of space in the oral cavity. Your Orthodontist will check for the issues
- The wisdom tooth is decayed and cannot be recovered from traditional oral care
Multiple dental extractions are more often decided because of the state of decay of these teeth that can no longer be treated or because there is an infection.
How Our Qualified Dentists Extract Wisdom Tooth?
- In the case of simultaneous and/or difficult extractions, the surgery can be performed under general anesthesia. However, if the case is simple, our certified surgeon will extract the tooth in one session.
- We can give local anesthesia for a single or multiple wisdom tooth extractions. Our dentists also provide a detailed consultation about pre-operative anesthesia.
- When the teeth are extracted, they are removed with suitable instruments such as extraction forceps.
- When the teeth are impacted in the bone, the gum must be incised and then the bone must be milled. Sometimes it is necessary to cut the tooth before the extraction.
- The closure can be done with the help of resorbable sutures that disappear spontaneously. Their persistence associated with a local irritation is an indication for consultation before their removal.
- The duration of the surgery is variable according to the difficulties, with an average of 15 to 60 minutes.
- Patients must plan a few days of sick leave (1 to 3 days) after an extraction, be it under General or Local anesthesia.
Minor bleeding that lasts for several hours is common after surgery. Treatment consists of applying a sterile gauze bandage to the area to be removed and pressing down on it. This will help reduce bleeding. In addition, your dentist will suggest a rinse medication that should be used with extreme caution during the first hours and days after removal to avoid losing the blood clot that protects the socket. The night after removal, sleep on a raised pillow - this is also a prevention of bleeding.
Pain in the level of the surgery areas is more severe in the lower arch than in the upper one. It often stops with painkillers and disappears within a few days. Our qualified dentists will prescribe a suitable treatment as per your condition. Ice cubes wrapped in linen (not directly on the skin) can decrease the swelling and pain.
The swelling of the cheeks is common but varies from patient to patient. It is best to take juices or soft food such as mashed potatoes to avoid chewing which can lead to swelling.
Precautions After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Food must be soft, lukewarm, or cold. Avoid hot, spicy, and acidic foods.
- Despite the swelling and pain, good oral hygiene is essential for wound healing. After each meal, the teeth and gums should be cleaned by brushing. Your dental surgeon will prescribe mouthwash or a jet cleaning system for optimal care. Our dentists will provide detailed oral care methods after wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption because they can cause irritation in the cavity and disrupt wound healing.
- Apply ice packs especially during the first 2 days.
- Do not take aspirin in the 10 days preceding the surgery.
- In case of any doubt about your treatment, please bring your prescription to your surgeon.
- Bring your dental X-rays if they are in your possession.
- It is advisable to have a good breakfast the morning of the surgery if your dentist is performing wisdom tooth extraction under local anesthesia.
Why MedDental Clinic for Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Dubai
At MedDental Clinic, the prime goal is to keep your natural teeth intact and healthy. Our certified dentists and oral surgeons are experts in performing painless extraction of impacted teeth. They will make you feel comfortable during the appointment. We perform wisdom tooth extraction in Dubai under General or Local anesthesia to curb the anxiety of our patients. Call us now to book an appointment.
I recently experienced severe pain emanating from the backside of the mouth. Dr. Rami at MedDental Clinic confirmed from the x-rays that my impacted wisdom tooth is erupting and needs extraction, else it will affect my other teeth’ alignment. I was really surprised by how quick and painless the surgery was. The facility is highly recommended for wisdom teeth extraction!
I needed an expert dentist for my wisdom teeth extraction that was severely impacted, which was overcrowding my front teeth. Dr. Asha has made my experience very easy, painless, and relaxed. The procedure did not take more than an hour and there were no complications. It worked out to be perfect and I ended up pretty comfortable!
I brought in my daughter at MedDental Clinic for wisdom teeth extraction. Since it was her first experience, she felt a little nervous and anxious but the entire staff was very empathetic and considerate. The procedure went smooth and my daughter recovered beautifully. I’m overwhelmed with everyone at the clinic and how they handled my daughter’s fear.