Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgery in Dubai
Jaw Surgery (also called Orthognathic surgery) is the orthopedic surgery of the jaws and facial structure. "Orthognathic Surgery" means "Surgery that puts the jaws straight". It is designed to reestablish a good dental occlusion after the patient experienced skeletal disharmonies and a facial and joint balance.
Indeed, it can also correct:
- Orthodontic problems are impossible to treat with braces.
- TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) problems
To summarize, Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgery is addressing the surgical correction of important disorders of Maxilla (Upper Jaw), Mandible (Lower jaw) or Chin.
What are the indications for Orthognathic Surgery?
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing,
- TMJ pain:
- ► To Know More about Temporomandibular (TMJ) Disorders, Click here.
- Receding or protruding chin,
- Abnormal wear of the teeth,
- Bites disorders: Open bites, Overbites, Underbites
- Insufficient growth of the Maxilla creating a Cleft Lip or Cleft Palate
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA):
- ► To Know More about Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Click here.
There are three main interventions that reposition the jaws properly:
- Upper Jaw Surgery = Maxillary Osteotomy
- Lower Jaw Surgery = Mandibular Osteotomy
- Chin Surgery = Genioplasty to correct 2 different disharmonies of the chin:
- Retrogenia: Posterior position of chin. The characteristic of Retrogenia is a receding chin. Occlusion is normal.
- Progenia: Anterior position of the chin. The characteristic of Progenia is a prominent chin, Occlusion is normal.
- Depending on your particular case, our surgeon Dr Philippe or Dr Pierre will suggest you operate either a single jaw or both jaws at the same time (this is called Bi-maxillary surgery). Chin surgery can be performed alone, or in combination with one of the other surgeries.
Why Choose Us
Because we have the Best "Orthognathic" Surgeons in Dubai”
The Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgeries are performed by experienced Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
If you are in search of the best “Orthognathic” Surgeons in Dubai, then look no further than the Dome MedDental Clinic.
Our clinic is extremely proud of having two experts Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, both being among the top Surgeons in the world:
- Dr Philippe CHANAVAZ is world-known mainly for his expertise in Dental Implantology, but he is also an expert in Orthognathic Surgery. He is teaching Implantology and is International Lecturer in several countries (France, India, etc…)
- Pr Pierre Jean BOULETREAU is world-known mainly for for his expertise in Orthognathic Surgery – Often considered and recognized as the No 1 in France. He has been teaching Orthognathic Surgery for years and he is currently Professor in French University (Lyon)
Typical treatment steps:
When there is an abnormality of growth of the jaws, the best treatment to find a normal and stable dental occlusion in time consists in the realization of an "Orthodontic-Surgical Protocol" which takes place as follows:
- Initial Detection of Jaw/Orthognathic disorder, generally after a visit to the Orthodontist.
- Orthodontic Treatment 1, called Orthodontic Preparation Phase:
- Carried out by our Specialist Orthodontics.
- A dental appliance is set up by the orthodontist to properly realign the teeth of each jaw. The duration of this preparation varies from 6 to 18 months approximately.
- Jaw/Orthognathic Surgery:
- Carried out by one of our Expert Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, after an initial thorough examination conducted by Dr Philippe CHANAVAZ.
- This Surgery – normally conducted under General Anesthesia - lasts around 1 to 3 hours. The patient needs to plan 2 to 3 days of hospitalization.
- The upper and / or lower jaws are repositioned opposite one another.
- Orthodontic Treatment 2, called Orthodontic Finishing Phase:
- Carried out by our Specialist Orthodontics
- Typically, this Post-surgery Orthodontic treatment lasts around 6 months
- The dental appliance is still kept a few months after the surgical procedure in order to obtain the most perfect dental occlusion possible.
Note: in very limited cases, Orthodontic treatment is not needed (example, Genioplasty)
Amazing services. It was our first time for my husband and I, so a bit scared about what will happen (like every time that we go to the dentist) and at end everything went perfectly. Our dentist Irynha was amazing, she was explaining to us all the situation and then she gave us a time to think about it for doing it or not. She was a careful listener and really helpful. The first consultation is free. So don’t hesitate to pass by you will find great professionals !!!
I am a loyal customer of the Dome MedDental Clinic for a few years and I must admit the high level of their staff, doctors and customer service. My special gratitude is for Dr. Iryna Zinkovych who has an excellent method as a dentist with a very thorough approach. She is extremely familiar with all of the latest trends in dental technology and she uses much of it in her practice. Dr. Iryna is a painless dentist. I would strongly recommend her and I am certain that there are many other patients who feel the same way.
Excellent dentistry! Five star experience. Dr. Yulia is so gentle and professional. Whole clinic is staffed with leaders in their profession.
Would definitely recommend! The clinic was able to make an appointment in the same day. My mother had acute severe tooth ache and the procedure was 99% pain free. Reasonable prices. Very friendly and helpful staff service.
I love this dentist so much. They helped me immediately with the pain I was feeling and with my wisdom tooth extraction. I was so nervous but I didn’t feel a thing! Very friendly and efficient, and the staff and doctors are so kind and professional. I will recommend this dentist to anyone. Thanks so much for this first class service.
I visited MedDental for dental cleaning and I am very satisfied with the entire experience. Dr. Nourine is highly professional and was generous to patiently and properly explain the steps and timeframe of the procedure, followed by an easy and pain-free cleaning session with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class hygienic standards and GREAT RESULTS!. I highly recommend MedDental and will definitely visit them again for dental services/treatment.
All is good and reliable, professional and friendly staff, reasonable prices, good location, easy to get an appointment. Definitely my choice while I live in Dubai.
I loved the clinic, all staff are very friendly and helpful. Doctor Maria is very professional and experienced. She gave me a lot of useful tips to maintain my teeth healthy. Definitely will recommend this clinic!
The best dental clinic I have ever been in! I was very worried going to a dentist since I'm pregnant. But it turned out I had nothing to worry about, coz I was in good hands. I would like to thank Dr.Irina for her professionalism and caring personality. She did an amazing job today! Definitely will be going only to this clinic.
Excellent and experienced Doctors. Welcoming staff. My treatment went very well. Thank you Med Dental for this amazing experience. I will definetly visit again and recommend my family and friends.
Nice Doctor. Amazing place and service. Highly Recommended!!!
All my family is with MedDental last 3 years - best place we had, professional experienced doctors, very fair pricing, they never charge anything extra, like many other clinics do.
I recommend this clinic to my friends.
All in all amazing dental experience. The staff is very polite and friendly. Thank you Dome Med dental clinic for taking care and addressing all my concerns. Highly recommended Dental clinic in Dubai !
WOW! An outstanding experience. A massive thanks to Dr Elina, what a truly extraordinary skillful and competent dentist. She is professional, compassionate, patient, considerate and attentive.A colossal expression of gratitude to the clinic and its staff for providing an amazing service. Made the decision today to move all our families dental care to this clinic under the trusting care of Dr. Elina. A noteworthy 5* service.